Saturday 26 September 2015

Boobs, bra sizes and so much more..

Boobs.

Have I got your attention yet?

This post is all about boobs, and no, I am sorry to disappoint but its not one of 'those' posts, it's more of an educational post and maybe a little bit of a rant-y post which I am sure all girls can relate to and maybe learn from too..

80% of women are currently wearing the wrong bra size. If 10 of us girls stood in a line, 8 of us theoretically would be wearing the wrong bra size. To me this is pretty insane - bras are a big thing in a girls life and having one that fits correctly seems just as important as having shoes that fit correctly.
Wearing the wrong size can give you all kinds of awful side effects, from creating back fat to giving you headaches and indigestion, insane right?

I can honestly say that I believe people are wearing the wrong sized bras because of the misconception of boob sizes we have nowadays. It is a common perception that:
A cup = small
B cup = small/average
C cup = average
D cup = large
DD cup = very large

..aaaand so on. But this is totally wrong. I mean, someone who wears a 34A can also wear a 30C. Why? Because cup size is proportional to your band size.

This diagram seems to sum it up best in my opinion.

Yeah.. Bra sizes can be confusing. And it's about to get a whole lot more confusing. 


I'm personally unsure as to what my bra size is at the moment and that's solely because, and this is a point I think most people forget, everywhere that makes bras, makes bras differently. For example, in Marks and Spencers I will be a 28G, but I can also happily wear 30D bras in Victoria's Secret.


So personally, my advice would be in regards to buying bras is to get measured at every place you shop for bras, so if you're in John Lewis buying a bra, get measured there and buy your John Lewis bras in that size. Then, if you go to Ann Summers, get measured there too and buy the size they measure you as there. If you're shopping online, I would definitely recommend you measure yourself and compare it to the product measurements, otherwise theres a chance you will have your boobs falling out of your bra, bursting out of your bra etcetera etcetera.

And that brings me on to my next point - measuring your bra size. 
And this is annoying.
Because every time I seem to measure my bra size, it is different. I'm probably just awful at measuring, but I can guarantee it takes a lot of skill, which is why I do recommend getting it done professionally, but if you can't do this or aren't confident enough to (trust me, I was so scared to get measured, my mum practically forced me in the end after FIVE YEARS), here's the best way to do it. You will definitely need a mirror and preferably a friend to help see behind you (that the tape measure isn't riding up), but if you were like me and couldn't find a tape measure to fit around your bust, use string! It's something I started using as soon as my tape measure wouldn't fit - wrap the string around your bust/band and leave a marking with pen. Then, take a normal ruler and measure up, it's that simple!

Another point worth considering is the style of bra you are going for. If you want a push up bra for whatever reason (small breasts, odd shape etc) I would TOTALLY reccommend going a band and cup size smaller. This will push your breasts further inwards to create more cleavage, but it is quite difficult to wear for hours and hours. When I had a small bust (I was an A cup for over a year, God knows what happened to get me to where I am today) I would always wear the Victoria's Secret bombshell bras in 30A (I believe). I was probably around a 32A/B but it gave me the cleavage and push I wanted.

Finally, be happy with your boobs. Love your boobs. Having a tiny bust or a huge bust does not define your worth. Don't let anyone tell you any different. In the end, NOBODY cares about how big or small your boobs are. Do you ever hear adults mocking small or large breasts? Nope, it doesn't happen, so as long as your breasts are healthy, you are blessed, and love them!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Fran ;) Amazing<3 Wow :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is what you do when you're out of ideas for a post, great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of ideas for a post? Clearly not, this is a post Ive wanted to address for a long time. My audience is mainly teenage girls so why should I skip a post thats helpful to them? Duh.
      This is MY blog and as I said it will be focusing on more real issues instead of online issues because to be honest, nobody is going to be on that silly game forever and at the end of the day, this is something most girls have no idea about and it totally needs to be known, we all know how mad the health and social education is nowadays.
      -Fran

      Delete
  3. Such a great post, bloom315 on uk msp

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bra stickers are the perfect solution to give the breasts a strapless boost. Bra stickers lift breasts from the top and are suitable for backless dresses. Boob Tape, Bra stickers, Bra tapes.
    For strapless http://byebra.co.uk/product/boob-tape/
    <a href="http://byebra.co.uk/product/bra-stickers/
    <a href="http://byebra.co.uk/product/bra-tapes/
    <a href="http://byebra.co.uk/
    <a href="http://byebra.co.uk Some /
    <a href="http://byebra.co.uk/
    , backless and plunge dresses
    <a href="

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bra stickers are the perfect solution to give the breasts a strapless boost. Bra stickers lift breasts from the top and are suitable for backless dresses. Boob Tape, Bra stickers, Bra tapes.
    Boob Tape,
    Bra stickers,
    Bra tapes

    ReplyDelete
  6. The adhesive breast lifts are made of a very thin and flexible self-adhesive foil, which is produced by 3M. It is shaped like a horseshoe, which makes it possible to position the nipples upwards by several centimeters The Boob Tape,Bra stickers, Bra tapes. The adhesive breast lifts can also be used to make corrections – for instance, if a woman has The Boob Tape,Bra stickers, Bra tapes two different breast shapes, or sizes, or nipple heights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was really an informative post. I am well aware about breast sizes, still there were many new things I learned from the article. It is indeed common for women to be wearing the wrong sized bra and it can be a problem. Luckily, the store from where I normally buy my sports bra has the amazing lady staffs who is quite experienced with bra sizes.

    ReplyDelete